Cleaning Your Colour
The amount of cleaning your EKOLOGIX DECKING+ requires will depend heavily on your choice of colour. Like carpet, our darker colours require less upkeep than our lighter colours – like Highland Oak.
Our Cleaning Chart outlines the recommended cleaning requirements of each colour.
NOTE: These are recommendations only and will vary depending on product use and weather exposure. Oil/grease spillages will require immediate cleaning.
Important Care & Maintenance Instructions
Don’t forget, immediately after installation you must thoroughly wash and scrub your EKOLOGIX DECKING+ to remove leftover dust from our finishing process. Not washing down your EKOLOGIX DECKING+ at this stage can result in excess cleaning later.
Wash down procedure:
- Thoroughly wet deck.
- Sprinkle bi-carb soda over a section of the deck.
- Scrub that section in the direction of the grain with a stiff bristle broom to create a white slurry.
- Continue to work in sections until the whole deck is thoroughly scrubbed.
- Give the deck a good rinse down, ensuring all water runs off the deck. Where possible, try not to let the water pool and mop any particularly wet areas with a clean mop, or alternatively, use a squeegee to push water off the end of the deck.
- This procedure is for a general clean only. For more stubborn stains refer to our Care and Maintenance Guide
You can use a pressure washer that is no greater than 1500 PSI and it should not be applied closer than 30cm from the decking surface. Use a normal fan nozzle and not a dirt blaster type nozzle.
CARE & CLEANING VIDEO
The wash down procedure is not only recommended at the time of installation, but on a regular basis thereafter.
The deep textured grooves can collect dirt and dust, which when not regularly washed out, can form water marks once dried. It is therefore vital that all water runs off your deck after a wash. The extent to which this is visible will depend on the choice of EKOLOGIX DECKING+ colour – remember every installation is different and lighter colours like Silver Ash and Highland Oak will need more upkeep than darker colours. Choose your colour carefully.
The use of any cleaning product can and may affect the colour of your EKOLOGIX DECKING+. Always test any cleaning product in an inconspicuous area of your deck before cleaning a large area.
Painting and sealing
We do not recommend the use of any paint, stain, oil or any sealer on EKOLOGIX DECKING+, and the performance of any of the like applied to EKOLOGIX DECKING+ boards cannot be guaranteed.
For the complete instructions on how to care for your EKOLOGIX DECKING+, download the Care & Maintenance Guide.